National Fisheries Institute
- Member, Shrimp Council
- The National Fisheries Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to education about seafood safety, sustainability, and nutrition. From vessels at sea to your favorite seafood restaurant, our diverse member companies bring delicious fish and shellfish to American families. NFI promotes the US Dietary Guidelines that suggest Americans include fish and shellfish in their diets twice per week for longer, healthier lives.
Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative
- Funding Partner
- The Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI) is a global platform and partnership of seafood companies, NGOs, experts, governmental and intergovernmental organizations working towards more sustainable seafood for everyone. GSSI’s mission is to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood, as well as, to promote improvement in seafood certification schemes. This is achieved through GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool, underpinned by the FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries and other FAO guidelines. The Global Benchmark Tool provides clarity on, and transparency in, seafood certification by recognizing robust and credible certification schemes, and supporting them in identifying areas for improvement. The Benchmark Process is open to all certification schemes.
Global Aquaculture Alliance
- The mission of the GAA is to promote responsible aquaculture practices through education, advocacy and demonstration. For over 20 years, the GAA has demonstrated its commitment to feeding the world through responsible and sustainable aquaculture.
Seafood Industry Research Fund
- Member, Board of Directors
- The Seafood Industry Research Fund (SIRF) is a tax exempt, philanthropic, educational organization supported entirely by voluntary contributions from individuals and companies in and related to the seafood industry. Each year the Fund makes research grants to colleges, universities, and other institutions to conduct research of interest to the seafood industry and the consumers of its products. SIRF has provided almost $3.3 million for over 400 research grants resulting in the publication of approximately 360 related research papers.
Seafood Nutrition Partnership
- Chairman’s Campaign Circle – Tailwind Partner
- Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is the leading 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the U.S. building awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of seafood.