CenSea is committed to providing our customers with a sustainable, renewable, and traceable source of seafood.
Sustainable seafood is fish, shellfish, and other products that are caught or farmed in ways that consider the long-term viability of harvested populations as well as the ocean’s health and ecological integrity. Choosing sustainable seafood is an effective way to support best practices in the fishing and aquaculture industries to ensure our ocean resources last long into the future.
- Engage our suppliers in open conversation, and through education, explore ways to maintain and develop sustainable harvesting techniques for both wild caught and farm raised products.
- Work closely with our suppliers to ensure traceability of products from harvest to point of sale.
- Frequently travel to visit suppliers in person to assess their operations and insure they are in compliance with our objectives.
- Only purchase products that have been legally obtained and processed under the guidelines of both the country of origin and the laws of the United States of America.
- Promote a healthy ecological environment by not purchasing products that have been harvested by destructive means or that have been subjected to outside chemical contaminants.
- Educate suppliers, employees, partners, and customers around the need for a sustainable source of product.
- Support environmentally responsible seafood choices through procurement decisions, avoiding species that are considered endangered or that are harvested in a non-sustainable manner.
- Partner with a number of innovative, BAP certified suppliers.
- Support free and fair global trade within the seafood industry.
Ethical Business Practices
It is the policy of our company to support all existing laws in both the United States and the countries with which we do business.
- CenSea requires that its suppliers comply with all local laws in jurisdictions where they transact business. This includes, but is not limited to, not engaging in human trafficking or slavery.
- We do not intentionally pursue business relationships or purchase products from facilities that are known to not comply with local laws.
- Swift investigation and action would result if accusations are made against any company with which we do business.
- We have zero tolerance for labor abuses.
- We readily encourage our suppliers to be proactive in applying fair labor practices throughout their workforce and that of their suppliers.
- We undertake and review third party audits to determine labor compliance as part of our normal business practices.